tirsdag den 30. december 2008

Making the sketches for my slippers


This is the picture that I want to make as embroderie on the felted slippers that im making.

As we speak im making the fabric, a tube of knitting, I have cast on 75 st on a size 5 mm circular needle and im knitting in 100% wool a thick yarn.








I have got a lot of questions on how to make these slippers, the photo of the slippers are in my notebook on ravelry, and will be here soon to.

These to photos is how I make the pattern for the slippers. These are not knitted, but made from a felted fabric, last time I made a pair I made them from an old sweater.

The first thing you have to do is making a drawing of your foot.










The next thing is to mesure around the foot print, and you ankle, and how high you want the slipper to go up your foot.
Now you have a pattern in paper, find a fabric and cut it, sew it up an vola you have a slipper.
ENJOY




2 kommentarer:

JulieAnn sagde ...

Thanks, Kaae! These look a lot easier than the ones I've started. Now the question is, do I continue with what I have or start over? Hmmm.

I like the design for your embroidery! The tree is great!

Charlotte kaae sagde ...

LOL the tree is inspired from a nordic mytholegy book of mine... the design is easy... :)